Thursday, July 18, 2013

So I gave in...

We got this lovely vehicle after searching for... a minivan.
I wanted a minivan because they are more practical, economical, and can hold hoards of children. If Scott expects me to be popping out 6 or 7 babies, a minivan would definitely work better for transporting.

We are trying to sell our 1996 Subaru Legacy Outback (so if you know anyone who wants one... let me know!), and we were searching for a minivan to replace it. Scott wasn't fond of this idea, but he reluctantly gave in since I am the wife and he is the husband--you all know how that works. :) Minivans are just not manly, and in the words of the movie "What to Expect When You Are Expecting," they are vaginas on wheels. Pardon the lack of eloquence. This was his argument. On this quest for a minivan, we came across a few Jeeps. A new goal then formed for Scott. He was determined to convince me that we should get a Jeep instead of a minivan, since we won't have 3+ kids for a few years. I wasn't giving in at first, but the logic in his argument slowly seeped into my brain. We looked at a couple Jeeps, but they didn't make the cut. A friend heard that we were possibly looking for a Jeep and wanted to sell us his. So, alas, here we are. We know it is a great car--our mechanic has been under the hood and assured us this, and we got a good deal. So one win for Scott... for now. We will get a minivan in the future. But when we do, this will become his vehicle.

On another note, my mom is coming into town this weekend to see me graduate. I am excited, and I am going to make her teach me how to sew a little bit. Then after graduation, I fully intend to do absolutely nothing else but sew, nap, read, and watch Netflix until Penny decides to make her grand arrival. After all, I'll be 8 months pregnant and just graduated from university. I think I've earned it. ;)


1 comment: