Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy 35 weeks, Penny dear.

This past week has been a little bit hectic-- I finally graduated from BYU-I! If my mom and step-dad didn't come visit for the occasion, I probably wouldn't have participated in the ceremony, because let's face it, I'd rather be home taking a nap. But they did come to visit, which was really fun. We bought fabric for curtains and blankets, sewed nursing pads from flannel, and went to graduation. Here is a picture of that:
We--Mom, Dean, Scott and I--also went to Rexburg Rapids, an overpriced water park just across the street. It was really fun, even though I probably wouldn't spend the money again. It was nice to swim and get the pressure of a growing baby off of my body. After I had been in the water for a while, I had to go pee (go figure) and as soon as I got out of the water, I felt all my weight on my body again. Holy cow, I didn't expect it to feel so different. No wonder I always feel tired... I'm carrying 20+ pounds of baby/fluids/other gross stuff around my midsection, and my body is working overtime. If I could just sit in a swimming pool and have that weight lifted for the next 5 weeks, I would. I've been wanting to go swimming again just so I can feel that relief.

My mom must have more energy anyone I know, though; she was constantly on the go, and by the end of her visit, she wore me out. For the next two days after she and Dean left, I had lots of contractions (even a couple of painful ones) and my extremities were really swollen. Needless to say, I slept a lot those days. Now I am back to my semi-lazy self.

Because of the extra contractions though, I am pretty sure my belly has dropped a lot lower. I feel lots of pressure in my lower abdomen and I still have some contractions every day. Obviously I'm not in true labor or anything, but it is getting closer. As it should, since I am 35 weeks pregnant now. Scott has been talking to Penny (through my bulging belly of course) and trying to persuade her to come any day now. I, myself, could wait a week or two, but he is just dying to hold his daughter. It is rather sweet to see that side of him. I also could wait a little longer to postpone the whole labor/birth process, but I guess it would be nice to get it over with. Plus, I am getting a little bored without a job or school to worry about.

Though it is nice to not have anything to do, it gets old after a while. I'm sure I will be begging for this time back once I am taking care of Penny all day, every day and hardly getting any rest. Honestly, I feel like I don't do anything. I make a to-do list but then when Scott asks what I actually did during the day, my reply usually is along the lines of "I was going to do this, but... I took a nap instead." Or replace nap with a long, warm bath. I obviously have my priorities straight.

A Scott update for you all-- I already mentioned that he can't wait for the arrival of his baby girl (and I mean he honestly cannot wait... he's been looking up ways to put me into labor). Also, since the new semester doesn't start until the middle of September, Scott is celebrating his freedom by growing out his facial hair. I don't mind when it is longer, since it is less scratchy than when it is just stubble. He says it is his outward expression of his inward rebellion or individuality... I forget exactly what. Sorry, dear! But luckily the boss man at the DQ doesn't mind when Scott grows his beard; apparently when Scott interviewed for the job (several years ago) he had a beard, and his boss said he had never hired anyone with facial hair before. There's a first time for everything, right? I'm pretty sure other members of the male persuasion started doing it as well. Scott is just a leader... he is the favorite manager there, after all.

Even though this has been fun to write, I have other things to do... like... nap or take a bath. Have a lovely day, and I will post in the near future!


No comments:

Post a Comment