Friday, August 30, 2013

Still married (hooray!) and still pregnant (booooo).

So the past few weeks have been really laid back and enjoyable... I am not doing much but taking long walks and going to doctor appointments. Scott is just working and coming home. Life is not too stressful right now, which is good because I know it will get pretty hectic here in the next couple weeks. When Scott comes home I usually have some sort of dinner made--if I am ambitious-- and we watch the show, Psych. It is a hilarious show about a "psychic detective" who isn't really a psychic or detective at all. If you've never seen it, you should watch it. Seriously, one of the funniest shows ever. Even though I usually get tired and fall asleep during some episodes, I would give it five stars. I'd be paying attention to it more if I wasn't so exhausted from growing a baby. We have also taken to playing Wii Sports on the Wii. Our favorite games are tennis and golf. I don't think I've won even once, but I still really enjoy it. Scott always gives me tips on playing video games because I am awful at them.... what a sweet guy, since I am his opponent and everything :)

Saturday, August 17th, we celebrated our first anniversary. It is hard to believe that we have already been married a year. Time has just flown. I'm glad I didn't go into labor that early because we were able to celebrate together. Scott came home from work Friday night (technically Saturday morning) and brought me flowers. We stayed up a little bit exchanging gifts and talking about the past year. He got me an oil diffuser: something I had wanted for a while. I got him some really nice 49er basketball shorts.

 In the morning, we got up and went to do sealings at the Idaho Falls temple.  The temple was packed since the Rexburg temple is closed right now for cleaning. There were at least three weddings going on and no parking spaces whatsoever. Anyway, we did sealings to remind ourselves of what we promised each other a year ago. It was really sweet and we decided we want to do sealings every year for our anniversary.

After the temple, we went to Olive Garden for lunch. It was delicious. I'm pretty sure I gained at least 5 pounds there.

We came home after that and just hung out watching Netflix. It was a lovely day.
This is us after we came home from Idaho Falls.

Oh! We also took our wedding cake out of the freezer--it had been there a year-- and took bites of it. The frosting was gross since it was just wrapped in saran wrap, but once you got to the inside, it was actually tasty. I took a few bites, but Scott could only take one. Overall, it was a great anniversary and I am so glad that we have eternity to spend together.

Like the title states, I am still pregnant. This is fine (I guess) but I feel like I will never go into labor since I've been wanting it for the past couple weeks. I am 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant... almost the full 40 weeks. I don't want to complain because honestly its not too bad--I just want to be able to reach my feet, sleep on my stomach, and eat as much tuna as a want. Even though I am rather uncomfortable, it isn't unbearable and I am grateful I haven't felt worse. Plus, I will miss pulling the pregnancy card for any excuse I need. I will miss this special treatment.

We are just getting impatient-- Scott especially. He has waited almost 9 months to hold his little girl, and I'm sure it is frustrating. The other day he told me he felt like I was no closer to giving birth than I was 8 months ago-- I definitely disagree though :) Of course, I am the one who is carrying around another human being, about ready to pop. 

I have been keeping our apartment extra clean just in case Penny decides to show. We have everything we need, and now we are just waiting. This might be the worst part of pregnancy! Minus the whole morning (all day) sickness. That was awful. But the anticipation is killing us. Hopefully it happens soon... which it will, but it just doesn't feel like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment